Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Broadway Nails imPress Press on Manicure Review

One thing that makes these press-on nails stand out from all the rest is their adorably cute packaging. Each set of press-on nails comes packaged in container looking like a nail polish bottle! They are transparent, so you can see exactly which nails you’re reaching for- and they store easily among the rest of your polishes too. The cap twists off and the “bottle” opens up to reveal the press-on nails as well as a Prep Pad (to clean, sanitize and prepare the nail for maximum adhesion)! Each pack of imPRESS comes with 24 press-on nails in 12 different sizes, so you’re sure to find your match (hey, if it can match my tiny little pink fingernail, you’ll be able to find a size for you). Each nail is lined with a plastic film, with a tab hanging off the nail-bed end. First, I matched up all of my nails to their appropriate sizes (each nail actually has a number underneath it, making it a total cinch to match up both hands). Next I prepped all my fingernails with the included prep pad (smells like rubbing alcohol to me) and then peeled off the plastic tab underneath the press-on nail, slid it tight to the nail bed and pressed it down. Note- do this carefully! These nails are incredibly sticky and once they are down… they’re down. I was blown away with how well they stayed… usually I’m so cautious about ripping off a fake nail, but these felt so secure! I loved the fact there was no glue to mess with and they did look really beautiful once on! It was so quick too- it only took a few minutes to do both hands and best of all- no drying time! They come in a large variety of gorgeous colors and patterns so it’s easy to keep a few sets on hand for those emergency events or last minute date nights! There were a few things that I wasn’t too happy about- I have very small fingernails, so these hung off the end of my finger quite a bit making it really difficult to type with. I’d love to see imPRESS come out with a “short” version for those of us who spend our days on a keyboard (they are supposed to last up to a week, but I took mine off after a few days because I really needed to be able to type better)! They are really a one-time use only deal (unless you want to pull out some nail glue and glue them back on)- once you take them off (which you can do by peeling them off from the side edge), they really lose their stickiness and ability to feel secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment